Move over 3-ingredient peanut butter cookies chock full of white sugar. Step aside, shortbread and that butter cookie recipe that melts in your mouth but leaves a gross film of cheap butter on your tongue for, like, 36 hours. You may have tried other 3-ingredient cookie recipes before, but not like these.
This simple recipes produces literally the easiest, healthiest cookies you will ever make or eat. Ready to bake the perfect cookies (healthy edition)?
- 3 ripe bananas about 1 1/2 cups puree, mashed or pureed until smooth
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter. Substitute almond butter for paleo or Whole30 compliance. unsweetened
- 1/2 cup good quality cocoa powder
- handful coarse sea salt for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to thoroughly combine the first three ingredients until it reaches a smooth and uniform consistency.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a greased or lined cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 8-15 minutes (see note) until cookies lose their sheen.
- Allow to cool and set on the cookie sheets for 3-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.