This Paleo chocolate chip banana bread is made with almond butter and almond flour, hearty and delicious with the perfect amount of sweetness. Gluten-free, dairy-free, grain free, family approved, and great for breakfast or dessert!
- 3 small overripe bananas mashed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips *or homemade paleo chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a medium loaf pan (I used 8.5 x 4.5) with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, almond butter, coconut sugar and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine with almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently stir the dry mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined (don’t overmix) then fold in the chocolate chips, leaving a few to sprinkle over the top of the loaf.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan, scraping the bowl with a spatula, spread out and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-65 minutes or until the loaf is deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool loaf on a wire rack, allowing to cool completely before slicing. Store leftovers loosely covered at room temperature for the first day, then refrigerate after that.
- Serve and enjoy!
- *You can use this recipe for homemade chocolate chunks – just chill the chocolate mixture in a parchment lined square pan until solid before cutting into chunks.