Made with whole foods in mere minutes, these raw brownie bites are packed with protein and the perfect after school snack! There is even a nut-free option making this the ultimate allergy friendly recipe.
- 10 tablespoons cocoa powder (I use NOW Foods brand)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup (I use NOW Foods brand)
- 1/4 cup almond butter , use sunbutter for nut free (see note)
- 1/4 cup unflavored pea protein powder , see note (I use NOW Sports brand)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-4 tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips , omit for even healthier option
- 2-4 tablespoons water , optional
- Put everything except the chocolate chips and water into a bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add water if needed. You may not need any water if your almond butter is runny. If you are rolling these into balls, only add water if you need help mixing the batter well. Start with a teaspoon and slowly add until you get a well mixed batter. If you add too much then the batter will be too soft to roll.
- Add chocolate chips and mix again.
- Eat right away if you are eating as batter.